1. Jumping ants Robots
- If you've ever marveled at a team of ants working together to carry a huge morsel of food or navigate around objects, you've seen how effective a collective intelligence made up of simple individual units can be.
- Now, researchers at the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Lausanne (EPFL) have developed tiny robots with similar skills. They can jump or crawl across surfaces and communicate with each other to complete complex tasks and achieve goals.
2. Oppo K3 Launch
- Oppo K3 teaser page on Amazon India has been updated to reveal the launch date. The phone is now confirmed to launch in India on July 19.
- The e-commerce site is now taking registrations of interest as well, and has made the ‘Notify Me' button live.
- The Oppo K3 was launched in May in China, and now it is set to arrive in the country next week.
- Key specifications include pop-up selfie camera setup, in-display fingerprint sensor, octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 710 SoC, VOOC 3.0 fast charging support, and up to 256GB of onboard storage.
3. Galaxy Note 10 Leaks
- Galaxy Note 10 is fast approaching, and rumours suggest it'll bring a host of significant updates to Samsung's big-screened smartphone lineup.
- Expect three versions of the Note 10 to arrive in August; the Note 10 Lite, Note 10 and Note 10+, the latter two of which will reportedly be made available in 5G variants.
- According to online murmurs, we can also expect quad cameras, a super-sized 6.7in screen on the Pro-branded model, along with support for 45W charging.
4. TikTok Death
- A 22-year-old man drowned in a pond on the outskirts of Hyderabad, while posing for a video that he wanted to upload on social media application TikTok.
- According to the police, two cousins, identified as Prashant and Narasimhulu, residents of Sangareddy district had come to Dhulapally pond in Petbasheerabad village last Tuesday to have a bath and shoot a TikTok video.